Code and Policy Committee
- This committee reviews the regulations by which the society functions and creates appropriate revisions, and we are looking for science students passionate about governance review to be part of a committee that focuses on the revision on the regulations by which the society functions. Apply now!
Building Management Commission
- Building Supervisors are responsible for supervising events and meeting to discuss and help the maintenance of the Abdul Ladha Centre. They are tasked with keeping the day-to-day operations of the ALSSC running smoothly. This position provides a unique opportunity for one to start new initiatives, such as improving building sustainability, comfort, or aesthetics. As members of the Building Management Commission, Building Supervisors will have a say in how the building is operated.
- Note: This is an Honorarium Position. Apply now!
Health & Wellness Committee
- This committee promotes the improvement of the overall well-being of Science students. This will be accomplished through numerous planned events and initiatives that aim to encourage a healthy lifestyle and remind students to value their health during potentially stressful times of the year. Apply now!
Mental Health Advocacy Committee
- The SUS Mental Health Advocacy Committee seeks to raise awareness around mental health and continue to break down the stigma around mental illnesses targeted to both the UBC Science community and across campus. Apply now!
- Members are responsible for the design, sale, and distribution of SUS and UBC Science branded merchandise. This committee will develop a catalog to promote the products to the Science student body. Apply now!
Community Engagement Committee
- This committee plans various charitable events and collaborates with external charity organizations to give Science students easily accessible opportunities to volunteer with these organizations. Apply now!
Corporate Relations Committee
- This committee will be closely integrated in other event planning committees. Working with the VP External, these committee members will find sponsors for events and work on partnership agreements throughout the year, as well as work on other assorted projects. Apply now!
- This committee reviews and approves all grant and professional applications to SUS. Finance Committee members provide their input on how to appropriate grant funds to clubs and individuals based on the importance and needs of each applicant. Apply now!
First Year Committee
- The First Year Committee, made up of 20-30 first year science students, aims to foster first year community by hosting events and initiatives to enhance the social and academic first year experience. First Year Committee members act as SUS representatives and liaises between the SUS and the first year science community. (*Note: Position open to first years only.) Apply now!
- Run to be a First Year/Science One/CSP Representative or a Program Representative for your major on SUS Council in the Fall Elections! Check out the Facebook event page to find out all the details. Nominate yourself now!
- This committee organizes and executes events where Science students can engage in their artistic and creative talents. Apply now!
Science Week Event Coordinators
- Science Week takes place over five days during the third week of January. Committee members organize and execute activities and events to promote Science pride and build community within the faculty. Apply now!
- This committee organizes and executes SUS social events. The Social Committee works to engage Science students and build an inclusive community. Apply now!
- This committee encourages and supports Science student participation in UBC Recreation Intramurals and Events in addition to planning sporting events (e.g. bubble soccer, inter-faculty dodgeball or capture the flag). Apply now!